Sunday, November 18, 2007

Halftime in Va.

So, I just figured I would give a half time report. I can not believe that I have been here for 4 weeks already. I am at the half way point.
I am extremely ready to be in Peru, but I am working on being patient. I know that God has lots more to teach me here and I am looking forward to the 10 days back in Texas. For our team we have been doing physical training in the morning and Spanish storying at night. It has really helped me to stay focused on why I am here. Often times I would rather be sleeping in or going out with other groups but through all the extra work my heart has grown for the people I am going to serve.
Also, in the last few weeks I have been trying to pray for those of you back home more than normal. I know that you guys have all been praying for me and it is great to have that support. I am grateful for this and it because of you guys crying out to god for me that I stay lifted up. So i want you all to know that I am praying hard for you you here. Let me know by email or comment how I can lift you up specifically.
I go to D.C. this Friday. It should be a good. I love history and I have always wanted to check out the sites. Plus I will have ample opportunity to share the Gospel, so please ask that God would give me a divine appointment with someone.

I will write again soon and let you all know how it went. Check ya later!

4 comments:

Roberts Family said...

OMGOSH I can't believe you're at the halfway point! That flew by!!! Our time there felt like it lasted forever so it's funny to see yours seem to pass so quickly!

Anonymous said...

Wow -- I can't believe you have been there 4 weeks! We miss you!

Kristen Svajda said...

hmmm, D.C. No fair!

Anonymous said...

Hey Cody!! Just been thinking about you :O) It sounds like you are doing great!! When you are back around for Christmas we will have to try out some of those "worst case scenario techniques" - like how to hi-jack a car!! j/k... I miss seeing you monday nights but Bible study is going strong.... the baptist still put up a good fight. hahahhahahahhahahaha!! Hope to see you soon- God bless!!!