Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Goodness Gracious

Okay, so never in my entire life have I been stretched and challenged so much in just such a short time. God is teaching more and more every day, it builds day by day exponentially, it is crazy. This week we have been talking about spiritual warfare, Dr. Rankin was teaching us this week and wow, it has been good. Sometimes it wears me out, I am not made to sit as long as our classes last, but like I said God is stretching me. So what stuck out to me the most is Paul's concept of dieing to one self, just an interesting fact, self is flesh backwards without the H. So, when we die to our selves it is so that Christ can live in us, so to live is Christ, and to die is gain. If my heart is beating it beats not for me, but for Christ. When my heart stops beating it is gain because I join Christ! I have quoted this verse a bunch of times and it never really sank in until today.
Tomorrow and Friday we are going over Doctrine, why we believe what we believe. I am looking forward to it. I know that it entails more class time that I am not used to, but for the next seven weeks I better get used to it.
My prayer request would be for good rest, I hate slowing down. I feel like I am going to miss out on something by staying in...It is hard for me to sit at the computer even now, because I know people are doing things and I am not there. Also, that I would realize that I am human and rest is essential. I know that a pace like this will only last so long. I must stay faithful to a sabbath, for good reason too. I am praying for all of you back in Texas, let me know what is on yalls hearts so that I can lift them up to our Father.

No comments: