Wednesday, October 3, 2007

I know, I know....I am a slacker

Well I officially leave for training this month. I have gotten a "hint" that maybe I should update you guys on whats going on in these last few days in Fort Worth. So here it goes!

I have two days left at Texas Metal Works. I have really enjoyed my time here and even though it is time to move on it is still going to be hard. From here I will move on to about a dozen little homework assignments that the board has for me. Some of you have already or will be getting a call to help or be a part of what I have to do. I also need to go through stuff. I have a bunch of junk that I have collected over the years that I never do anything with and it is time for all... or at least most of this to find a new home.

During all of this two things keep coming to my mind. The small amount of time I have for all the tasks at hand, as well as to spend with family and friends. And second, I kinda feel like I am about to burn my plow and cook the oxen over it.

On the first one, God has given me comfort. He has written the pages of history and the future. I am pretty sure He is capable of taking care of me in the last few days here in Texas. Just for you who do not know me that well, He is my God and I KNOW He can do these things, and far greater things. My trust is in Him and it is by His hand that all things happen. So, no worries.

On the second thing. God has not yet called me to a lifetime commitment to missions. When He does I will follow Him kicking and screaming...I mean with all of my Heart. Seriously though, I want to believe that when God shows me whatever plans He has for me next I trust Him with the future as much as I trust Him with right now. I hope to one day have the faith of the Prophet Elisha. All he had was the promise of Jesus and he was still crazy faithful. For now all I can do is stand upon the Rock, who is Jesus and enjoy the last weeks with those who I love and who love me. So again I say my trust is in Him and it is by His hand that all things happen, so no worries!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! A new post. Surprise, Surprise!

Well said! God will help you know how to spend your time and what needs a new home and all that other stuff. :)