Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Here I am

Well today has been amazing. The flight from Dallas to Richmond went perfect. There were no delays all my luggage made it unharmed and here I am.
I want to say thank you to everyone who has been praying for the travel and also for the journey itself. At this point it still seems a little unreal to me that I am even here. I am amazed that God has chosen me for this task in this time. Yet at the same time I say with joy and conviction Here I am Lord, send me!
Just because I am here and the fun is about to begin does not mean that the prayer needs are done. My heart has been burdened for the lost so much over the last 36 hours. As I was preparing to leave I came across two very special items to me and God spoke to me through them in a whole new way. The first is an obituary from a girl that I went to grade school with who died in a car accident nearly ten years ago, she was only 14 years old. the second is a picture of two of my good friends from high school. Both of whom are lost and hopeless. When I saw these two items side by side God gave me urgency like never before. There is a lost and dieing world out there and we have no idea how few moments we have left to tell them the wonderful news of Jesus.
So to those of you who have time to read all of this, this is where the Lord has my heart. Join in the harvest with me how ever you can, go and tell, neel and pray, be obedient to God's call.
Again thank you for your prayers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cody,
This is a good word. To be burdened for the lost in general is so far removed from our thoughts, but when we consider lost friends we have and put faces to the bodies we imagine dieing in hell, a heavy tug begins pulling on our hearts.

AnthonyS said...

Not to mention the idea of at one time we were in the same place...Lost...Oh thank God for reaching out when I was ignorant.